Environmental, Health and Safety Manager - Birmingham
Position: Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor
Region: West Midlands
Salary: circa £40,000 - £45,000 + car/ car allowance
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor based in the West Midlands covering sites in the region on a full time, permanent basis.
My client are a specialist construction company where their projects range from simple refurbishment and extensions to full design and build turnkey schemes.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor will oversee a number of various projects based out of Birmingham, ensuring that my client properly manages and discharges all its legal obligations and related duties under current Environmental, Health and Safety legislation, taking responsibility for the implementation of company policies, processes and procedures and assisting line managers in their implementation.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor will also increase Environmental, Health and Safety awareness and compliance through constant and consistent communication and support and instil and promote positive Environmental, Health and Safety behaviours and attitudes.
The main responsibilities of the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor are to:
• Manage all Environmental, Health and Safety aspects including office safety files, fire management and personnel matters
• Liaison with senior management and project teams in relation to new and upcoming contracts, providing guidance and requirements
• Complete prequalification questionnaires for potential/existing clients
• Attend client/professional team pre and post tender interviews
• Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation for new projects
• Site inspections and audits (UK wide) to ensure compliance and provision of robust reports with clear and consistent requirements and actions
• Thorough investigations of any incidents, providing reports with preventative and corrective actions
• Regular communication and interaction with senior management
• Provide support and assistance to project teams and subcontractors in Environmental, Health and Safety matters
• Internal and external assessments for ISO/OHSAS certifications.
To be considered for this Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor opportunity my client is looking for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor with experience within the construction industry who ideally holds a NEBOSH construction certificate or NVQ level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and a membership IOSH or working towards.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager/ Advisor needs to be able to work autonomously and hit the ground running.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org