Health and Safety Advisor - Buckinghamshire
Position: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active Health and Safety Advisor based in Buckinghamshire on a full time, permanent basis.
My client are a family–run general contractor who are experts in groundworks and going from strength to strength.
The Health and Safety Advisor will be based 2 days per week in the office in Buckinghamshire and will spend 3 days in the field in a multi-site role usually within 1.5 hour travel
The Health and Safety Advisor will work in a supervisory, enforcing standalone role providing advice and guidance on all Health and Safety matters to all levels of employees, auditing and assessing sites to ensure compliance with legislation and procedures.
The main responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor are to:
• Prepare Health & Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other health, safety environmental documentation
• Regular comprehensive site inspections, including pre-tender inspections and HSE risk assessments, pre-site surveys and site set up for individual projects reporting on improvement actions to ensure compliance
• Arrange and/or carryout incident/accident investigations
• Continuous implementation, monitoring and measuring of agreed HSE and environmental performance improvements
• Prepare and produce regular reports on the performance of the H&S and environmental management systems
• Ensure all health and safety and environmental legislation is met
• Investigate the environmental implications of the company’s activities and suggest actions which may prove beneficial
• Manage and implement staff training and certification compliance
The Health and Safety Manager will work in partnership with Managers, sub-contractors, clients and employees to promote and deliver a positive health and safety culture in the workplace including providing relevant in house training.
To be considered for this Health and Safety Advisor opportunity my client is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor with a NEBOSH certificate and a wealth of construction/ civils and ground works experience.
The Health and Safety Advisor will have knowledge of change management, strategy and compliance management as well as knowledge of management systems and their functionality.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com