Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor - East Anglia
East of England
Position: Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Location: East Anglia
Salary: circa £30,000 - £38,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor based in East Anglia on a full time, permanent basis.
My client are a family owned international construction company with a strong emphasis on performance, quality and team work.
The Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor will be based in East Anglia (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge and Essex) supporting the Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Manager on regional operational compliance of all relevant health, safety and environmental legislation to ensure it complies with relevant policy, legislation and best practices.
The main responsibilities of the Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor are to:
• Provide health, safety and environmental advice and assistance to colleagues on policy at office and on sites
• Promote a positive culture of HS&E through good practice and by highlighting areas of bad practice
• Review and propose appropriate HS&E training for colleagues
• Deliver internal HS&E training courses
• Review contractor competence assessments
• Evaluate new products that may assist in reducing hazards and risks
• Review and comment on Project Management Plans prior to start on site and during the course of projects
• Provide advice and assistance to Operations on the setting up of construction sites
• Prepare text for quarterly Health, Safety & Environment Newsletters
• Attend monthly HS&E meetings with senior management
• Carry out advisory site audits
• Undertake site HS&E audits
• Carry out audits under OHSAS 180001, ISO 14001 & ISO 9001
• Maintain regional accident and ‘near miss’ incident statistics
• Carry out accident investigations, and identify measures to prevent the re-occurrence of such accidents
• Liaise with HSE and other statutory enforcers as required
• Propose quarterly health and safety campaigns
• Deputise for the Regional HS&E Managers, as requested
To be considered for this Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor opportunity my client is looking for a Regional Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor with a NEBOSH construction certificate and experience in new build housing ideally.
Additional qualifications needed (e.g. fire safety and IEMA) will be paid for.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com