Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager - Worcestershire
Position: Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £40,000 - £50,000 per annum + car allowance
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager based in the West Midlands on a full time, permanent basis.
My client have over 100 locations across the UK and this role is to support and guide management across the business with regard to Health and Safety and Facilities Management.
The Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager will be based in Worcestershire with the requirement to visit sites across the UK as and when is needed
The Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager will take the lead on the maintenance and protection of the Health and Safety standards throughout the organisation, in accordance with current health and safety legislation. This will include oversight of policy and risk assessment and compliance with national H&S standards.
The Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager will also develop a facilities management service/ function.
The main responsibilities of the Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager are to:
• Manage the company’s overall Corporate Risk register – identifying risks and putting in plans to prevent, reduce or avoid such risk
• Be proactive in the creation and implementation of systems and programmes which underpin HSE awareness across the business; drive HSE agenda internally
• Draft HSE policies, guidelines and procedures documents
• Ensure all Health & Safety documentation is fully compliant with current legislation
• Undertake frequent site inspections, risk assessments and incident investigations
• Create, maintain and improve facilities management and HSE initiatives in the workplace
• Advise on premises management issues and work in conjunction with managers to manage facilities
• Generate reports to managers and service delivery directors on premises and facilities issues making recommendations were appropriate for improvements and developments
• Maintain HSE accident books, and report any accidents / incidents as required under the RIDDOR Regulations
• Co-ordinate internal and external audits with all relevant parties and ensure Optima meets ISO standards
• Track actions arising from audits and ensure completion
• Interface with external consultants such as H&S lawyers and insurance brokers
• Attend client sales pitches, representing the organisations’ Health and Safety focus to new clients
To be considered for this Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager opportunity my client is looking for a Health and Safety/ Facilities Manager with a NEBOSH or NCRQ diploma or equivalent and Grad IOSH or CMIOSH membership.
A BIFM Associate / Certified would also be desirable.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com