Health and Safety Manager - Hertfordshire
Position: Health and Safety Manager
Salary: circa £40,000 - £50,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active Health and Safety Manager based in Hertfordshire on a full time, permanent basis.
My client are a leading project and construction main contractor in the UK and abroad.
The Health and Safety Manager will be based in Hertfordshire providing high quality support to senior management within the business by identifying and reporting on areas of operational excellence to drive continuous improvement, assisting with work winning activities for bids/tenders and providing high quality advice, guidance and coaching to project teams.
The main responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager are to:
• Advise, guide and coach all staff
• Ensure compliance and report on business performance
• Assist with the production, review and implementation of policies and procedures
• Liaise with contractors, designers, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies and other relevant parties
• Communicate effectively with senior management
• Ensure accidents and incidents are investigated and the findings communicated within timescales
• Co-ordinate and conduct audits of trade contractors, designers, suppliers and coordinating with other functions
• Coordinate and supervise the activities of Health and Safety Advisers including development
• Ensure monthly reports are completed, measure Health and Safety performance, collate and report data, trend analysis, set and monitor Health and Safety strategy/improvement plans
The Health and Safety Manager will work closely with senior management.
To be considered for this Regional Health and Safety Manager opportunity my client is looking for a Health and Safety Manager with previous construction experience and a minimum of a NEBOSH certificate and a minimum of CMIOSH or working towards.
Civils experience would be beneficial.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com