Health and Safety Manager - South East
Position: Health and Safety Manager
Location: South East
Salary: circa £50,000 - £60,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced, capable and pro-active Health and Safety Manager based in the South East on a full time, permanent basis.
My client are a family owned international construction company with a strong emphasis on performance, quality and team work.
The Health and Safety Manager will be based in the South East leading the implementation of a professional, competent and knowledge sharing culture across all sites ensuring that best in class health, safety and environment is planned, implemented and shared effectively.
The main responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager are to:
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Assist senior management in company strategy and expectations
• Carry out high quality safety inspections
• Contribute to and perform risk reviews
• Attend sites following accidents/incidents and assist with the investigation - In the absence of the Project Director lead the investigation
• Liaise with enforcement authorities when necessary
• Understand bespoke client requirements and tailor management systems
• Assist senior management with tender and prequalification submissions advising on Health and Safety concerns as well as helping provide practical solutions
• Attend Start Up meetings
• Coach staff at all levels in Health and Safety expectations and standards
• Implement the management system and coach and encourage others to use it
• Foster innovative ideas for enhanced safety performance
• Deliver appropriate training
• Have and share knowledge and advice with teams on environmental principals and management
To be considered for this Health and Safety Manager opportunity my client is looking for a Health and Safety Manager with a minimum of 5 years Health and Safety experience within the construction industry with principal contractors, a NEBOSH construction certificate and a minimum of Grad IOSH.
The Health and Safety Manager needs to be assertive and aspire to the highest performance levels.
For further information and to apply please call Sophie Thomas at Purosearch on 0208 9121730 alternatively email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com